Will the Reformation of Government Aid for Girl Child Education cease Aid for Thali in Wedding

Spread the love

The Tamil Nadu Finance Minister Palanivel Thiagarajan presented the budget report for the financial year 2022-2023 in the Assembly today . It has been announced that the Moolaloor Ramamirtham Ammayar Memorial Marriage Financial Assistance Scheme has been renamed as the Moolaloor Ramamirtham Ammayar Higher Education Guarantee Scheme and Rs.1000/-per month will be paid into the bank account of all students studying in Government Schools from 6th to 12th class enabling them to continue their studies.

Advertisement

While many have praised the scheme, complaints have come up that the budget report has stopped providing a maximum of Rs 50,000 for impoverished women’s marriages and 8 grams of gold for thali.

Advertisement

PMK founder Ramdas has shown his opposition stating that the cancellation of the Moolaloor Ramamurthy Ammaiyar Marriage Assistance Scheme is unacceptable. of providing funds and gold for the marriage of the needy should also be continued.

Tamil Nadu Finance Secretary Muruganantham told reporters, ‘ There are 5 types of marriage assistance schemes here. Apart from the Moolaloor Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Marriage Financial Assistance Scheme, there are 4 marriage financial assistance schemes including Interfaith Marriage and Widow Remarriage. Those 4 marriage financing schemes will continue to be implemented without any change.

Currently, the Muvalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar project itself has been modified. Education is the most important thing. We could offer compensation only once in the past. The beneficiaries could not be properly selected. Now that would be paid directly into the bank account of government school students. That plan is just being restructured.

Only 44% of students attend public school. The remaining 56% discontinue. Mostly they are from a needy family. this in fact is the cause. Previously it was given to 1 lakh students last year, but this will benefit 6 lakh students, which is 6 times more. The remaining 4 projects will continue. ”

Muvalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Memorial Marriage Financial Assistance Scheme in Tamil Nadu, Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Memorial Mixed Marriage Financial Assistance Scheme, EVR Maniyammaiyar Memorial Marriage Financial Assistance Scheme (Widowed Daughter Marriage), Dr. Dharmambal Memorial Widow Remarriage Marriage Assistance Scheme, and Mother Teresa Ammayar MemorialThere are 5 marriage sponsorship schemes for women as Marriage Sponsorship Scheme (Supportless). Each of these 5 schemes is offered at Rs. 25,000 or Rs. 50,000 and 8 grams of gold per person.

Of these 5 marriage sponsorship schemes, the Muvalur Ramamirtham Ammayar Memorial Marriage The sponsorship Scheme has been modified. However, compared to the other 4 schemes, the Muvalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar scheme is generally applied by poor families from all walks of life.

Moving forward on behalf of the Muvalur Ramamirtham Ammayar project, financial assistance for the marriage of poor women and gold for Tali will be stopped, and Rs. Rs. 36,000 for 3-year degree courses and Rs. 36,000 for four-year courses. 48,000 will be received, the finance secretary said.

Please complete the required fields.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button