Is it dangerous to drink coconut water in a copper pot?
Attention!! The person who drank the coconut water kept in the copper pot is now under critical health condition. This is because the acid and minerals in coconut water mix with copper to convert coconut water into copper sulfate. Therefore, do not pour any liquid other than water from the copper vessel.
We have heard that pouring water in a copper vessel and drinking it has many benefits for the body. But a warning meme is spreading that one is in a life-threatening situation by drinking natural water coconut water in a copper vessel.
We decided to explore whether drinking coconut water in a copper or copper vessel is life threatening. When Dr. Praveen contacted them about this, he replied,
“It simply came to our notice then. No patients affected by this were seen. Copper sulphate is toxic. Sulfuric acid is required to convert copper into copper sulfate. Any acid can expel copper from the inside of the vessel. So the copper content will increase in the liquid. However, too much copper can trigger vomiting. Coconut water can expel copper from the inside of the copper vessel and cause vomiting. But it does not change from copper to copper sulphate. ”
According to reports, the acid and minerals in coconut water mixed with copper to convert coconut water into copper sulphate. However, coconut water is rich in minerals such as potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Contains acids including aspartic and glutamic. But it did not contain the sulfuric acid needed to convert copper to copper sulfate, as the doctor said.
In response to a question asked on the website Practo 2 years ago, one woman who was pregnant, “I am 11 weeks pregnant. I drank the coconut water I had kept for half an hour in the copper pot. Is it safe for me? ” In response, Dr. Radhika said that it does not cause any problems.
Usually we can see the change in its taste even if we keep water in the copper pot for a long time. Similarly, even if coconut water is kept in a copper vessel the taste may change. Furthermore, there is no evidence that drinking coconut water in a copper vessel is life threatening except for side effects such as vomiting.
The answer we got from the doctor and the information we obtained based on internet sources, it is understandable that there is no evidence that drinking coconut water in a copper vessel is life threatening. However, it is said that there may be side effects such as vomiting.
Numerous posts related to medicine with unexplained, unsubstantiated, misleading information are accumulating on social websites. Therefore, we urge you not to completely trust the medical and warning information you see on social websites.